We can often be hardest on ourselves when we are aiming to achieve a goal.
And yet one of the key things to achieving a goal is supporting and encouraging yourself.
So how do you do this?
1. Don’t be overly critical – we can often be our own worst critics when we don’t do things as fast or as well as we’d like. Take the pressure off a little and concentrate on just moving forward.
2. Avoid reminding yourself of when you failed in the past – learn from your experiences but don’t focus on them. Focusing on failure only creates more of the same so focus instead on the things you are proud of – write them down if it helps.
3. Celebrate the small achievements along the way – this will give you the positive energy you need to stay focused on your journey and make that big goal seem a little closer each time.
4. Surround yourself with people who believe in you – sometimes we can doubt our own abilities but when others have faith in us it can improve our confidence.
5. Get inspired by others – there are many interesting and inspiring people in this world who have achieved great success. Learn from them and be inspired by their stories.
6. Reward yourself when you achieve your goals – it can seem very indulgent to do
this but it’s an important part of recognising achievements. Take time to stop and celebrate your successes!
Remember that supporting yourself is one of the key things you can do to help you achieve your goals and I know you can do it!