The Power of Testimonials
Client testimonials are one of the most powerful tools you can use to promote your business.
When your clients share their positive experiences, it helps others decide if your product or service is right for them and whether they will trust you to provide it. In short, a positive testimonial is the best sales pitch you could ever have for your business.
So how do you use them effectively? Here are some suggestions:
1. Website – as the internet is often the first place people look (when searching for a product or service) testimonials are an important part of securing this new business. Make sure they are easy to find on your website and that you continue to add new ones periodically. Potential clients may often visit your website a number of times before deciding to purchase, so updating your testimonials regularly will show that you are an active business and that clients continue to be happy with your product or service.
2. Social Media – this is another online environment where potential clients will decide whether to use your business, based on what others say about you. Especially now these platforms provide ways to recommend and score your business.
3. Promotional Material – flyers, information packs, etc can all use testimonials as a way to promote your business and provide credibility to your sales pitch.
4. Sales – when talking to a prospective client it can be a good strategy to highlight (without sharing any client names of course) how your product or service has helped a client in a particular situation. A story like this can help potential buyers visualise the benefits more fully and it also provides proof that what you are saying is going to work for them (i.e.: like it has worked for your existing client).
5. Professional Network – in addition to sharing positive client stories with prospective clients you should also consider doing this with your referral partners. This will ensure they have examples to share with the people they are encouraging to use your service.
Finally – make sure you ask permission to use any testimonials that you receive and provide your clients with options of how their personal information is displayed (e.g.: full name or first name only or surname and initials and/or location).
Testimonials are powerful tools for your business as well as confirmation that you are providing something of value to your clients. Make sure you make the most of them!